Vaccination Clinic in Richmond Hill ON
If you are looking for an established and trusted vaccination clinic, come to Viva Health Centre today! Our medical professionals are dedicated to providing you with all of your vaccination-related needs and pride ourselves on our ability to deliver top-quality care. Call us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 9580 Yonge Street Unit #6 Richmond Hill, ON L4C 1V6.
Table of Contents:
Vaccinations are a series of small doses of a specific virus that help the immune system build resistance to that virus and the diseases it can cause. They are a great way to make sure that sickness is prevented, and are especially important for young children, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems. In most provinces, individuals can get vaccinations for themselves and their children at government-run health clinics or qualified medical clinics.
Vaccinations have been an integral part of the healthcare system for many decades. They have been responsible for the eradication of some of the most deadly diseases, such as smallpox, and have also been instrumental in the prevention of many other diseases that previously pervaded societies all over the world, such as polio and measles. In fact, vaccines have been so successful that many people are no longer aware of the diseases that they have helped to prevent.
If you need a vaccine, either for travel, for staying up-to-date, or for your children, and you live in or around Richmond Hill, Ontario, come to Viva Health Centre today! We provide many vaccinations for all types of situations. Call us today to find out more about what vaccinations we offer and how we can help you!
The most important vaccines are:
• The varicella vaccine — Varicella is a herpes virus that causes shingles and chickenpox; these vaccines are important for people who are susceptible to contracting these viruses.
• Rotavirus vaccine — The rotavirus refers to a group of RNA viruses that often cause enteritis or inflammation of the small intestine.
• Hepatitis A vaccine — Hepatitis A is a viral-induced form of hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) that can be transmitted via food.
• Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine — Also known as genital warts, HPV is a common disease that affects millions of Canadians.
• DTaP vaccine — This multifactorial vaccine protects against three distinct diseases, including diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough).
• MMR vaccine — The MMR vaccine, which stands for measles, mumps and rubella, protects against these viral-induced diseases.
Thanks to universal healthcare in Canada, vaccines are provided at no cost; this allows Canadians of all backgrounds, regardless of financial situation, to receive their immunizations. This is important to prevent getting sick from preventable diseases such as measles, polio and pertussis, also known as whooping cough.
For people who do not have access to free healthcare, the cost of vaccinations vary per type and can range from a few dollars to tens of dollars, which is still affordable for most Canadians.
Vaccine and immunization records keep track of each individual’s vaccination history and include the following information:
• The brand name of the administered product
• Time and date of administration
• Quantity of administered dose (if applicable)
• Anatomical site of administration
• Route of administration
• Lot number of product and expiry date
This information is available from the health care provider who administered the vaccine (such as a healthcare clinic or doctor’s office), and the local provincial or territorial immunization registry. Viva Health Centre can also provide this information to our patients.
Call us today to book an appointment for your next vaccination, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 9580 Yonge Street Unit #6, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 1V6. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Richmond Hill ON, Vaughan ON, Cherry ON, Oak Ridges ON, Bayview Glen ON, and Markham ON.